Company Coordinator, Ballet Kelowna
Application Deadline: July 6, 2018
Ballet Kelowna welcomes applications for the position of a full-time permanent Company Coordinator to begin as soon as possible, or by July 23, 2018.
While embracing Ballet Kelowna’s commitment to excellence, the Company Coordinator will be responsible for the administration of all programs, assist in the development of future tours and outreach activities, and will provide executive assistant support to the Artistic Director and CEO. Major responsibilities include financial processing, reconciliation and reporting, responding to public inquiries, coordinating and providing administrative support for programs and events, organizing the efficient operation of the office and studio, as well as managing all aspects of the Company’s seasonal tours. Reporting directly to the Artistic Director/CEO, the Company Coordinator will be involved in all aspects of operations for Ballet Kelowna and will act as a representative for the organization, building relationships with program participants and external partners. As an employee of Ballet Kelowna, we would ask you for your commitment in delivering outstanding service to our supporters, including our patrons, donors, sponsors and
members. The successful candidate will be required to perform a variety of duties, as detailed further below.
Responsibilities: Administrative Duties:
Provides wide-ranging executive assistant support to the Artistic Director and CEO, including:
- Process and track donations and memberships;
- Manage the Company’s programs by coordinating and preparing schedules, processing and tracking registrations and payments, and coordinating instructors and preparing instructor contracts;
- Maintain complete files of all documents in the office;
- Assist in gathering information for grants;
- Process and prepare invoices and expense claims;
- Code receivables and payables including credit card statements and allocate to appropriate projects;
- Respond to all public inquiries;
- Organize guest artist travel and accommodation;
- Coordinate volunteers for events or programs and tracking of all volunteer activities and hours;
- Ensure insurance policies and memberships are renewed annually;
- Maintain a calendar of deadlines, programs, productions and development activities;
- Maintain meticulous statistics of audience and program attendance, ticket sales, etc.;
- Coordinate facility maintenance and replenishment of supplies.
Tour Coordination Duties:
- Contact Presenters to seek interest in Company’s productions and youth performances;
- Represent the Company at showcases and conferences;
- Research appropriate venues and festivals for the Company’s productions;
- Prepare and distribute contracts to Presenters;
- Plan logistics, routes, hotels, transportation, etc. for tours;
- Prepare tour itineraries including full list of venues and contacts;
- Assist with local outreach activities;
- Work with AD/CEO on vision for future tours.
The Company Coordinator must at all times:
- Be committed to familiarizing themselves with Company rules and regulations;
- Maintain and communicate a positive image of the Company in all dealings both internally and externally;
- Regardless of time constraints and demands on time, remain professional and convey an attitude of helpfulness and concern;
- Demonstrate initiative and autonomy;
- Recognize overlap between positions and understand when flexibility is required.
The Company Coordinator will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position. All members of staff are required to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the Company.
- A related college or university degree and recent administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- The ability to think creatively, work independently, and take initiative;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle competing priorities in a small,
fast-paced work environment;
- Proven ability in building and maintaining long-term relationships;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and database programs such as Salesforce;
- The availability to work 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, however the hours of work involved will occasionally vary in order to attend conferences;
- An optimistic personality and enjoys finding solutions to everyday challenges;
- Assets: experience working in non-profit environments.
About Ballet Kelowna:
Founded in 2003, and under the leadership of Artistic Director and CEO Simone Orlando since September 2014, Ballet Kelowna brings excellent, inspiring and memorable dance to British Columbia and beyond. Ballet Kelowna, through its touring, school performances and outreach activities has visited more than 60 communities in Western Canada and fulfills its mandate to commission new work from emerging and established Canadian choreographers, while also offering unique training programs for adults and youth.
Remuneration: $38,000 – $40,000 annually based on experience
How to Apply:
The priority application deadline is July 6, 2018, however applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job opportunity.
Please e-mail Simone Orlando, Artistic Director and CEO at email@example.com by July 6, 2018.
All submissions will be kept confidential and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.