OnStage 2019 Workshops
The Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta presents OnStage, a program offering professional feedback to artists who are interested in touring dates in Alberta. OnStage gives musicians, singers, and performing groups an opportunity to meet with a panel of professional musicians and community presenters who are all familiar with Alberta Showcase. Artists present a 10-minute showcase then get feedback from each of the panelists. The panel will react to the performance, critique promotional materials, and can also recommend future directions for artists.
Sunday, March 10, 2019
9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Allard Hall Theatre Lab
11110 – 104 Avenue, Edmonton
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 4, 2019
Sunday, March 24, 2019
9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
850 – 4 St. SE, Calgary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 18, 2019
OnStage: Artist Applications
Artist Applications for the OnStage Workshops are subject to a $25 processing fee plus applicable taxes. ($25 + 5%GST = $26.25CAD)
How do I apply?
Contact email@example.com to pay your application fee and send the completed application form and support materials.
OnStage performance slots are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
There are only 6 performance slots available per workshop so get your application in today!
BVJ Homegrown Stage is open to applications for 2019!
Homegrown Stage Submission Information
- The Homegrown Stage is certainly a stage on which to showcase your talent. The real magic of this showcase event is uncovering so many passionate artists who practice and perform for the love of music.
- In order to be eligible for the showcase, you should be at least 18 years of age or less.
- Vocalists/Singers – Solo, duets, trios and vocal groups accepted.
- Genres of music accepted are; country, rock, pop, and folk.
- No Bands
- Soloists with accompaniests will be accepted.
- A panel at Panhandle Productions will review all submissions and select acts based upon quality of their voice, vocal ability and technique.
- A total of 6-10 Semi-Final acts will be invited to play on the Homegrown Stage at Big Valley Jamboree for a one (1) song performance in a one hour segment between August 1-4, 2019
- Two (2) acts will be selected from each Semi-Final and will be asked to return to Two Rounds of Finals on August 4th at 12:00 p.m & 3:00 p.m.
- One (1) Peoples Choice Award will be selected during each of the 6 Semi-Final hours.
- The Winner of the top position will be selected at the finals on August 4th between 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. and then will be whisked away to Main Stage to be featured in a one (1) song spot during Prime Time 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. August 4th, 2019.
The process to the Homegrown Stage and Main Stage BVJ, is to:
- first fill out a “Homegrown Stage Application Form” below
- send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- send link of your performance video via email to email@example.com
- once approved you will be contacted to Audition
- after your audition and if you’re approved you’ll be pre-qualifying at VENUE-TBA (YEG) and then performing at the semi-finals at the Homegrown Stage during BVJ August 1-4, 2019
Please download the Homegrown Stage Information Package and review all information.
Please download the Homegrown Stage Application Form and follow all instructions at the bottom of the Form
Contact: Irma Macpherson firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is: March 15, 2019
Due to the large number of submissions priority will be given to earlier submissions.
Selections committee will notify Family Stage applicants in late March as to their status.