Expressions of Interest for Canadian Arts Presenters are now open for support to attend the Edinburgh Fringe Festival August 17 – 24 August, 2022.
The Edinburgh Festival Fringeis the world’s largest arts festival happening throughout the month of August and has featured more than 55,000 performances of over 3,000 different shows in approximately 300 venues.
It is an open access (or “unjuried”) performing arts festival, meaning there is no selection committee, and anyone may participate, with any type of performance. The official Fringe Programme categorizes shows into sections for theatre, comedy, dance, physical theatre, circus, cabaret, children’s shows, musicals, opera, music, spoken word, exhibitions and events.
Expression of Interest Closing Date: June 20, 2022
Event dates: 17 – 24 August 2022
Notification: Early July 2022
- to promote the discoverability of the Canadian artistic scene through the interaction of professional Canadian presenters at the 2022 Edinburgh Festival;
- to build strong international networks in the performing arts;
- to tour international artists working in partnership with venues across the country.
Presenters must meet the following criteria:
- Must have previous experience hosting international work.
- Must have the human and financial resources to program international work.
- Demonstrate the ability to return home and champion the work you have seen to your region and network.
- Must have the capacity to build relationships across networks in Canada to promote International projects.
- Must have the knowledge of the Canadian performing arts sector to be able to act as an ambassador for Canadian artists on the International scene.
- Must be willing and can demonstrate a willingness to encourage international exchange and collaborations
CAPACOA will be responsible for:
- Airfare from Canada to Edinburgh, Scotland
- 7 night’s accommodations
- Organization of travel arrangements
- Coordination of meetings and schedule during the event
The presenter will be responsible for:
- $750 contribution towards airfare and hotel costs
- Ground transportation and per diem
- Performance Tickets
- Submitting a final report to CAPACOA
Your expression of interest does not guarantee participation – participants will be selected by jury. If you have any questions please contact Judy Harquail at email@example.com.