Cultural Programming Manager, City of St. Albert
Organization City of St. Albert
Department Cultural Services
Location 5 St. Anne Street, St. Albert
Salary $98,876 – $120,298 per annum
Closing Date September 6, 2018
Competition # 18/172
The Cultural Services Department is currently recruiting for a Cultural Programming Manager. The City has a well-established cultural department focused on nurturing and developing the arts and cultural sector through direct delivery of programs and services, partnerships and collaborations throughout the community. We are looking for an individual with strong leadership experience and background in cultural planning and programming to join our team.
Serving as part of the Cultural Services Management team and reporting to the Cultural Services Director, the Cultural Programming Manager is responsible for the management and development of visual arts, public art, performing arts and performance programming as well as volunteer management for the International Children’s Festival. The manager is responsible to liaise with community cultural groups to provide guidance and support, and also help guide our own cultural programming, including special events, initiatives and cultural celebrations to ensure we are meeting the current and future needs of the community.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
• Visual Arts programming and exhibitions in the public realm, including public art;
• Long term performing arts development plans;
• Maintaining local, regional & national connections in the cultural industry;
• Strategic planning, community development programming, financial management;
• Organizational and community development, including not for profit governance;
• Developing connections to francophone, indigenous and other ethno-cultural communities;
• Staff supervision and development including coaching and mentorship experience;
• Grant and report writing, and analytics.
As part of the Cultural Services management team the manager will assist in the development of agenda reports, departmental budgets, monthly and quarterly reports as well as responding to information requests generated by Council, Senior Management and the public. They will also provide leadership for the programming team.
• Degree in a related field such as Arts Administration, Business Administration, Recreation, and 7 years experience. Or, a diploma in a related field combined with 10 years experience.
• The ideal candidate will have progressively responsible experience across a breadth of areas in the area of arts and cultural management including staff and volunteer management, program and organizational development, project management and event planning.
• Experience in cultural planning and development.
• Previous experience in a municipal environment is an asset.
• An experienced leader who appreciates and is passionate for arts and culture; and can motivate and inspire others.
• Membership in Arts/Culture related organizations is beneficial.
• Excellent staff supervision and leadership skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to form collaborative relationships.
• Creative and innovative thinking.
• Political sensitivity, conflict resolution abilities, and negotiation skills.
HOURS OF WORK
Compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off every two weeks). There will be the occasional requirement for extra and evening hours, which could include attendance at meetings and events.
$98,876 – $120,298 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a comprehensive benefit package.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
CLOSING DATE: September 6, 2018
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted