Artist Applications are processed through the I Want to Showcase website.
Applications open February 1 and the deadline to apply is April 1.
I Want to Showcase is a collaboration between partner performing arts conferences whose goal is simple: to offer performing artists a showcase application site that’s easy to navigate, understand and use.
Now in its 41st year, Alberta Showcase brings touring artists together with community presenters searching for artists for special events, concert and performance series, and community celebrations. It is three days of showcasing the top performance artists interested in touring Alberta, that will inspire you!
Every October the Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta brings together presenters from across Alberta who are searching for performing artists who will tour in their communities. Many of the soft-seat presenters offer subscription series. Some are simply cafes with one off concerts and events. They are looking for a diverse, challenging line-up of artists with broad audience appeal. Alberta Showcase 2018 will take place October 18-21 at the Shell Theatre in the Dow Centennial Centre in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta (just 30 minutes north of Edmonton). All applications are reviewed by a jury of presenters, performers, and promoters, and the top applicants are selected to showcase over the weekend.
Regarding Audio & Visual Support Materials
Audio and Video submissions should reflect the proposed performance, be of good audio and video quality, and load quickly over a wifi connection.
- Public or Unlisted video links via Youtube work best for video submissions.
- Private and High Quality videos don’t always load, which can lead to an application being dismissed as incomplete or scored poorly.
If you are not also submitting a video, be sure to link to a live recording that highlights your performance cleanly and clearly. Supplementary audio submissions from studio recordings are fine, but the primary purpose of Alberta Showcase is live performance.
If your application does not include a link or links for Alberta Showcase jurors to:
1) preview audio samples of an applicant’s performance(s), then send 1 (one) copy of a CD indicating which 2 tracks the jury should listen to must be mailed to the Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta office, and
2) preview video samples an applicant’s performance(s), then send 1 (one) copy of a DVD must be mailed to the Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta office.
Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta
11759 Groat Road,
Edmonton, AB T5M 3K6
Technical Requirements: Lighting & Audio
The Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta will prepare a lighting plot based upon the requirements of the artists sharing the stage. At the very least there will be a basic “house plot” providing warm and cool washes from the front, back and side. Black traveller is supplied. The Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta will strive to present each showcase in its best light.
- Our goal, is to provide the best showcase possible. However, please be advised that the venue has limited equipment (the basics).
- If you require any of the following equipment for your showcase: Wireless mics, Back line, Instruments, we recommend that you supply your own. We can arrange for the rental for you and we will bill you directly for it.
- The equipment list you have provided us is a guide only. We will attempt to meet your needs as requested. We reserve the right to substitute equipment as required.
- If a number of requests for exactly the same equipment come in we will most likely provide it at our cost. You will be informed if you will not be required to provide the equipment.
No incomplete applications will be considered. Submission constitutes acceptance and acknowledgement of the following terms and conditions of applying for and/or accepting a Juried Showcase slot at Alberta Showcase. This application does not represent a commitment by Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta to provide a showcase. If selected for showcasing: Stage and production equipment are the responsibility and control of Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta. The sound system will be provided by Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta, and will be scaled to the location used and reasonable requirements of the attraction. Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta will have absolute control over this system, including overall volume levels and front of house personnel control (ie. sound engineer) at the discretion of the technical director. Confirmation must be received within 7 days of offer to showcase. All accepted applicants must purchase one full registration, including registration in the Exhibition Hall and, as an Exhibitor Delegate, must supply a representative (manager or otherwise) available during all open Exhibition hall hours. All accepted applicants must provide suitable promotional materials to buyers in attendance in the Exhibition Hall. No promotional materials may be posted on any walls. Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta assumes no responsibility for costs associated with showcasing. Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta reserves the right to use showcasing artists submitted images and content for the promotion of Alberta Showcase. If a selected act is unable to appear, no substitutions will be permitted for its showcase performance. The selection committee will establish a list of alternates from the original applications based on the next highest score achieved. Cancellation by an agent or promoter does not guarantee that agent/promoter the opportunity to fill the vacant showcase.
If an artist has showcased at Alberta Showcase in the past 5 (FIVE) years, their application will not be accepted unless their submitted performance material to the jury is significantly different than when they previously showcased. All fees are non-refundable.