Applications are invited for the position of
Rotary Centre for the Arts
Kelowna, B. C.
The Rotary Centre for the Arts is a multi-use visual and performing arts facility located in the heart of Kelowna’s Cultural District. Home to eight resident artist studios, the 325 seat Mary Irwin Theatre, Potters Addict, Alternator Centre for Contemporary Art, New Vintage Theatre, ArtsCo, Theatre Kelowna Society, Ballet Kelowna and the RCA Bistro, the RCA provides a vital community service as the heart of Kelowna’s arts and cultural experience.
The executive director will provide leadership to the Centre while building recognition and support for the RCA in the local community. Reporting to the Board of the Kelowna Visual and Performing Arts Centre Society, the executive director is responsible for achieving the goals and objectives of the Society. Managing an annual budget in excess of one million dollars, leading a passionate, professional staff, and liaising with the tenants and wider community, the executive director has fundamental responsibility for the success of this key community organization.
Qualifications: a degree in Business Administration, Arts Administration, or Fine Arts, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience and skills preferred:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Arts administration, including both visual and performing arts
- Understanding and knowledge of the arts and cultural scene, both locally, provincially and nationally
- A record of successful leadership, including marketing, budgeting, fundraising, facility operation, and management of staff and stakeholders
- A track record demonstrating personal qualities which include strategic thinking, collaboration, problem solving, effective communications, and proactive management.
- Restaurant experience would also be an asset
Rate of pay: competitive compensation is offered, including an excellent benefit plan with dental and extended health, dependent on experience.
Start date: this position will be filled as soon as practical following the closing date. This is a full-time position.
Applications: please apply electronically to hiring@RotaryCentrefortheArts.com. Applications must be received by November 30, 2019. Please include a fully detailed, chronological resume. Not all applicants will be contacted due to the anticipated high interest in this position.