Communications and Events Coordinator
Alberta Magazine Publishers Association
The Alberta Magazine Publishers Association is a non-profit cultural services industry association supporting Alberta magazine publishers, staff and contributors through professional development, programming, promotion and advocacy to foster industry growth. We are seeking a full-time Communications and Events Coordinator to join our small but mighty team.
The Communications and Events Coordinator is a Jack or Jill or all trades and is responsible for association communications including membership, social media, web publishing, community relations, grant reporting, and events communications.
This role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Frequently updating the albertamagazines.com website (WordPress CMS) with postings sharing the latest association, member and industry news, events, jobs and resources. This includes writing blogs and compiling website postings for the monthly e-newsletter.
- Engaging with the membership and community via social media (primarily Twitter, Facebook and Instagram), promoting the association, membership and industry in keeping with best practices and trends.
- Coordinating professional development and networking events in collaboration with the Executive Director, including the annual Alberta Magazines Conference and Awards. This includes the creation, tracking and troubleshooting of online registration and awards submissions; email and social media event promotion; bookings for venue, catering, speakers and audiovisual needs; coordinating and supervising the duties of any event volunteers; and running the events on-site
- Managing the association’s internship program, which includes soliciting applications, maintaining all paperwork and reporting files, and administering funds within the program budget.
- Assisting the Executive Director with annual grant applications and reports to federal and provincial government funders. This includes planning and strategizing future activities and new opportunities for funding, tracking program and event data, and editing funding reports and applications.
- General office administration duties as needed
The ideal candidate will have
- A degree or diploma in communications, public relations or journalism
- 1-3 years of relevant communications experience
- Demonstrated abilities in executing communications, meeting deadlines, and managing multiple priorities; as well as event planning and implementation
- Exceptional publication-quality writing for diverse audiences (including online) and keen editing skills
- Experience using a variety of social media channels
- Experience using a web content management system
- Customer service attitude
- Comfortable working independently and in a small team environment
- Ability to be flexible and take on new tasks, projects and responsibilities as assigned
How to apply
Submit your cover letter and resume by Feb. 15, along with a writing sample, to:
Suzanne Trudel Peters
AMPA Executive Director
Thank you for your interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.