The first Calgary Arts Professionals Survey was released in 2014 and provided a series of insights into the lives of artists, arts administrators, and arts educators. The 2017 survey again asks arts professionals about issues related to their career path, access to space and resources, health and wellness, housing, and perceptions of Calgary. The 10 to 15 minute anonymous survey provides critical information about those working in the arts sector. Survey results will be used to help inform future arts development activities in Calgary.
About the Calgary Arts Professionals Survey:
- Results from the survey will be used to help inform future arts development activities in Calgary.
- Participate in the 2017 Calgary Arts Professionals Survey and enter to win one of two $500 gift cards.
- Strong participation helps show how art is made in Calgary, and how Calgary is faring as city for those who work in the arts.
- 2011 Census Data showed the median earnings from an artist were just over $24,000.
- 85% of respondents in 2014 rated their quality of life positively.
- Good, but not great… yet. 60% of respondents in 2014 said Calgary is a good place to be an artist.
- A full report on the 2017 Calgary Arts Professionals Survey will be available by the end of 2017.
Take the Survey: http://
Check out the 2014 Survey here: