The Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta in partnership with Canada Summer Jobs is offering students a unique opportunity to gain experience in research and marketing in the touring arts sector by taking on the roll of our Community Outreach Assistant.
The Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta represents artists and presenters from across the province. Its programs promote and nurture arts touring, provide networking opportunities and access to professional development, which is made possible thanks to our funders: Alberta Foundation for the Arts and Canadian Heritage.
- Duties and Expectations:
- Assist the Membership Services Coordinator with communications to the membership and public on behalf of the organization
- Act as the point of contact for information regarding registration for the organization’s annual conference
- Assist with research and surveys on behalf of the organizations membership in accordance with the mandate of the organization
- Assist the Membership Services Coordinator and Executive Director with daily tasks as requested
- Enrolled in a post secondary program for Arts & Cultural Management or Marketing
- Education in Arts Administration/Management, Marketing, Event Planning, Music, Theatre, and/or Dance
- Basic knowledge and experience with social media, research and survey practices, and excel spreadsheets
- An appreciation and passion for arts and culture is a major asset
- 32 hours per week
- Arts Touring Alliance Office – 11759 Groat Road, Edmonton, AB
- Start Date:
- May 5, 2017 (negotiable – 9 week position with potential for extension)
As part of our commitment to diversity in the workplace, we strongly encourage aboriginal and visible minority students to apply. Consideration of applications will begin immediately; however, the competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com